What types of information do we collect?
We collect two types of information about our Site Users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific end user. We ask you for this information during the selection process and after being selected as a volunteer or an organization. Some of the information requested includes your name, gender, country, date of birth, languages spoken, mailing address, email address, gender, work history, education, motivations for volunteering, areas of interest, dietary requirements, criminal convictions, emergency contact, etc. At the time of the request, this information will be identified as either mandatory or voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information, you will not be permitted to proceed with the selection process and use the Site. We also may collect information as travel details, program feedback and testimonials.
How do we collect this information?
All the personally and non-personally identifiable information is collected via one of the following methods:
- Users inputting their data into our system rather by registering in the website or contacting us via the contact form, including data they input during the selection process and after being selected, using our online chat forum, and messaging services.
How do we use the information collected?
We may use the information we collect from you during the selection process, when you register, chat/message with other parties when online, click on a third party link, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, or use certain other site features in the following ways, but not limited to:
- To authenticate users and their profile information
- To perform services, i.e., allow you to create an account, upload and display information and photos regarding your expertise or organization, and review suitability of Volunteers to match them with non-profit organizations
- To share with the non-profit organizations to get their final approval of the volunteers candidacy.
- To allow for payment for our services
- To improve the Site’s functionalities
- To improve our services and make them more targeted to customer needs
- To troubleshoot your specific problems
- To enable an Independent Local Team to make arrangements necessary for the volunteer programs.
- To contact volunteers through a range of mediums to discuss any engagement they may have had with us, including their confirmed volunteer program, any feedback they may have provided, or any other service they have requested us to perform.
- To allow a listed emergency contact or insurance provider to be updated about any details regarding the program, including sensitive personal information in circumstances involving emergencies or concerns about volunteer safety where it is appropriate for them or us to act on their behalf.
- To meet the requirements of an institutional relationship or insurance policy.
- To make improvements to our programs, our website, applications and marketing, and to provide insights that help us to meet the volunteers needs better.
- To promote our volunteer programs. Feedback and testimonials provided, along with their name and images shared by us volunteers may be used for marketing and promotion purposes.
- To produce research and analysis for the purposes of measuring and communicating the impact of volunteer programs on individuals. The outputs of these activities will be presented at an aggregate level only and will not be attributable to any particular individual.
How do we protect information collected?
We implement a variety of security measures, including the mandatory security measures of the article 32 of the GDPR, to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Site, and we are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information. Please, refrain from using public Wi Fi networks or untrusted networks or devices when using the website.
Do we use “Cookies”?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Do we disclose the information we collect to third parties?
We will only transfer or disclose to third parties your Personal Data following your instructions. These third parties will be directly associated with the aforementioned instructions and include: non-profit organizations partners, flight partners, emergency contacts, parent volunteer’s school, university, educational center or subsidiary corporations and the affiliates of YouSocialVolunteer.
The transfer or disclose to those parties are necessary, for example, to put you in contact with the non-profit organization you seek to work with, so they can evaluate your profile or, even, book the necessary flights, hotels, etc.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties not related to the services of YouSocialVolunteer your personal data.
Please bear in mind that using LinkedIn feature, payment gateway through the bank BBVA, using the crowdfunding platform provided by our partner Stripe or the services of any other partner that assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you will or may imply that the aforementioned will collect your personal data.
We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
Users may edit their personal information by directly making those changes contacting YouSocial Volunteer’s team. These changes will be permanent. Also, you may choose to display only specific personal information by making those choices in your account settings.
In addition, any user may request to delete their full account and all related data records from our external and/or internal systems for any unspecified reason, which will subsequently be processed without undue delay.
Please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request, only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. Moreover, you will not be able to delete the personal information, which is mandatory to maintain your Account, without cancelling your Account.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our Site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Miscellaneous Privacy Issues
We do not collect or maintain information from anyone known to be a minor, and no part of the Site is designed to attract a minor. If you are a minor, you may use yousocialvolunteer.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
International Transfer of Data:
There will be international transfer of your personal data in order to comply with your instructions and provide you with the asked services. As explained in the ‘’ Do we disclose the information we collect to third parties?’’ clause, some of the affiliates might be based out of the European Economic Zone.
Our Site is hosted in the European Economic Zone. If you visit our Site from United States, Latin America, other European Union countries, Asia, or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from European law, please be aware that you are transferring personal information to Europe. By providing personal information to us, you consent to the transfer of it to Europe and the use of it in accordance with this policy.
Your rights with regards to the processing of your Personal Data
You have the right:
- To be provided with a copy of any Personal Data that we hold about you
- To request us to update or correct any inaccurate Personal Data, or complete any incomplete Personal Data
- To request that we stop processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes
You also have the right, in certain circumstances:
- To object to the processing of your Personal Data
- To request us to delete your Personal Data
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data
- To request us to transmit certain of your Personal Data to you or to transfer or have them transferred to another data controller
The exercise of your rights
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, you can contact us using one of the options below.
- You can send us an email to the following address: email@example.com
- You can write to our postal address
Right to lodge a complaint to the competent data protection authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement), if you are of the opinion that any of your Personal Data is processed in a manner constituting an infringement of the EU General Data Protection Regulation n°2016 / 679 dated 27 April 2016.
Online Policy Only
Please also visit our Terms & Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Site.
We also welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issues to firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to ensure your query is responded to and resolved in a timely and manner.